Hiebing is seeking an account executive for the account management department, which is responsible for ensuring that the target market is kept top of mind as we lead strategy and execution on behalf of our clients’ brands and businesses.
Account executives will grow their strategic marketing acumen and learn to build target insights on top of client business awareness, to help fuel smarter marketing ideas and executions. They will keep current on client industry trends while also becoming well-versed in Hiebing’s unique approach and marketing fundamentals. By doing so, they will grow to play an integral role in the management of annual planning cycles for clients.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the project lead and primary point of contact across multiple client businesses and become an extension of the client’s marketing team
- Ensure quality in tactical elements of all projects, including project briefs, timelines and budgets. Develop foresight to anticipate and adjust process as needed to reach optimal outcomes while solving on-time, on-budget challenges as they arise
- Manage overall client budgets and oversee monthly billing with an eye for profitability
- Lead meetings internally and with clients and manage both positive and challenging client conversations, always establishing clear expectations
- Build client respect and confidence through consistent, clear and thoughtful communication. Review all client correspondence prior to distribution and obtain client approval at appropriate stages of the project—and always keep internal team updated
- Contribute to strategic elements, such as our Message Strategy process, share target insights, competitive knowledge and creative inspiration, and ensure strategic direction for assigned projects and programs is achieved (with guidance from other members of the team). Establish your ability to articulate the needs of the target and the client within Hiebing
- Identify potential opportunities to add more value to client work/brands and serve as a leader in problem solving with client concerns as needed
- Understand and support synergy between all Hiebing functional teams (digital, creative, media, public relations & social media, and insights & research)
- Supervise the daily work of the supporting account coordinator and lead in training new junior members of the team
- Participate in internal Hiebing committees and new business pitches
- At least three to five years of agency or brand management experience and the desire to learn to become an even stronger marketer
- A proven track record in project management across multiple projects and clients
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage many details with swift precision, thrive under pressure, and be comfortable being a hub of communication, a self-starter and a critical thinker
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management, written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Must be passionate about great work and ready to bring the highest level of integrity, standard of excellence and positive energy. The ideal candidate should have a can-do attitude, curiosity, integrity and a We Before Me philosophy
- A Marketing, strategic communications or consumer behavior degree is a plus
Hiebing is an integrated marketing and brand development firm with offices in Madison, Wisconsin and Austin, Texas, and was named Ad Age’s 2015 Small Agency of the Year, Midwest. Founded in 1981, the agency’s clients include local, regional and national brands with B2B and B2C target markets.
APPLY: Please submit a current PDF resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Account Executive” in the subject line.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with excellent benefits including 401(k), cash and deferred profit sharing.