We are currently seeking an account supervisor to serve as the lead in developing and executing brand strategy and marketing plans, and act as a highly skilled and professional conduit between Hiebing teams and clients, to ensure strategic outcomes and open, productive communication. In addition to having a deep understanding of your target markets, you will also demonstrate a strong understanding of your client’s business, industry and competitors.
You’ll shape the strategic direction of annual plans and campaign message strategies, and run businesses independently. You will develop strong, trusting relationships with clients to facilitate the ability to grow business based on opportunities you unearth through strategic insights. You will oversee and grow junior account staff through training, review and thoughtful delegation to help ensure even workflow within your team. The account supervisor must be passionate about great work, and bring a standard of excellence, the highest level of integrity and positive energy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- From a client perspective, lead major projects and oversee marketing plan executions. This will likely span several clients
- Serve as internal project lead and target market authority within a client group
- Establish strategic direction for a client’s brand and drive the development of strategic planning documents and marketing strategy
- Champion smart, strong creative while rigorously representing the target and the client’s business at all phases of the work
- Initiate and oversee client deep-dives and other research developed by ACs and AEs on your team
- Identify opportunities to add more value to client work and brands, and serve as a leader in problem solving with client concerns as needed
- Train other teammates on how to best translate client needs into project briefs and updates, including timeline, budget and strategic inputs
- Lead or trigger the tough conversations that may be needed to keep projects on track and work at a high level of excellence
- Obtain client approval at appropriate stages of a project, keeping agency staff involved and informed
- Drive synergy between all Hiebing functional teams (digital, PR & social media, insights, creative, media, etc.)
- Responsible for overall client budgets and oversight of monthly billing with an eye to profitability and accuracy across assigned clients. Organize and maintain retainer billing structures for clients as needed
- Supervise, guide and train senior account executives, account executives and account coordinators
- Participate and/or lead in internal Hiebing committees and new business pitches
- The successful candidate should possess at least seven to ten years of agency or brand management experience and the desire to learn more to become an even stronger marketer
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher is a must
- Ability to articulate and understand the emotional context and motivations of varying target markets to create true brand devotion
- Be able to identify and deliver high quality input for kickoffs and reviews
- The foresight to anticipate and adjust course as needed, strategically or tactically, to ensure quality deliverables
- You must be able to manage a high quantity of details with swift precision, and be a self-starter, detail-oriented, a critical thinker and comfortable being a hub of communication
- Experience managing multiple client accounts and working with cross-functional teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and ability to thrive under pressure
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- The ideal candidate should have a can-do attitude, curiosity, integrity and a We Before Me philosophy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation skills
POSITION REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
Hiebing is the largest integrated marketing and brand development firm in Madison, Wisconsin. Founded in 1981, the agency’s clients include regional and national brands such as Culver’s, Schneider, Kwik Trip, Hyatt Regency Lost Pines, Grand Hyatt San Antonio, Fiskars and Toppers Pizza.
APPLY: Please submit a current PDF resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Account Supervisor” in the subject line.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with excellent benefits including 401(k), cash and deferred profit sharing.