The media buyer is responsible for execution and management of digital media buys for assigned client accounts, specifically within Hiebing’s DSPs. This person is a steward of our clients’ media dollars, providing expert oversight and hands-on management to drive results. The media buyer collaborates with a cross-functional planning team, and helps lead ongoing improvement of our DSP partner relationships and performance.
- Evaluate audience, inventory and technology partners associated with DSP buys, owning the buying process and platform relationships (including contracts)
- Educate media planning team on new opportunities, helping navigate clients into new territories with strategic buying ideas
- Work with media planners on audience opportunities, buy specs, marketplace availability and auction set values
- Negotiate and secure PG and PMP deals across multiple client categories
- Execute and manage digital media campaigns on behalf of clients, including campaign set-up, billing reconciliation and QA
- Own the daily maintenance and optimization of digital media campaigns to successful delivery against established KPIs
- Compile regular reports and provide performance insights that drive actionable, strategic campaign shifts
- Manage invoices and billing-related responsibilities of the media plan with associate media buyer
- A minimum of three years of online media buying experience in a full service, digital media or media agency
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing or related program
- Proficiency with digital and programmatic buying tools, including DSPs and bid management platforms. DMP experience a plus
- Experience with third-party ad servers and holistic knowledge of digital tracking
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of the digital media programmatic marketplace (opportunities, rates, partners) as it relates to display, native, audio, mobile and video. Digital OOH a plus
- Understanding of rich media and dynamic creative capabilities, and how use of unique assets will impact buy delivery, cost and performance
- Ability to project manage technical requests/issues with digital media operations specialist and external vendors
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, with proven track record of leading campaign optimizations and improvements
- Team player approach with desire to collaborate on target-centric goals, including use of strong interpersonal communication
Hiebing is an integrated marketing and brand development firm with offices in Madison, Wisconsin and Austin, Texas, and was named Ad Age’s Small Agency of the Year, Midwest. Founded in 1981, the agency’s clients include local, regional and national brands with B2B and B2C target markets.
APPLY: Please submit a current PDF resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “media buyer” in the subject line.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with excellent benefits including 401(k), cash and deferred profit sharing.