We are seeking a media planner who will be responsible for the development and implementation of both traditional and digital media tactics and strategies. This person is accountable for helping move client business forward by working with the media and account management teams to develop fresh, effective media ideas. The media planner performs an active role in translating that strategy into buying specs and in managing media buys to ensure client objectives are met. An ability to communicate effectively, translate results into a consumable story and own the details is crucial.
- Utilize media research tools and resources to develop strategic client recommendations (MRI, Comscore, SRDS)
- Develop a considered website list for site-direct digital buys based on knowledge and relationships
- Develop Request for Proposals (RFPs) and field any vendor questions once distributed to partner list
- Work with the Senior Media Planner or AMD/Director to develop strategic recommendations that meet marketing goals and objectives
- Evaluate returned RFPs and determine vehicle selections. Develop the final buy recommendation and buy summary with a Media Coordinator
- Negotiate and place some channels directly with partners or work with Digital Media Buyer for other tactics
- Own overall execution of media plan details (regardless of buyer channel), developing and maintaining related documentation, approvals and budgets
- Work with Media Coordinators to provide measurement with necessary information and document framework to pull results data (e.g., performance reports, buy summaries, etc.)
- Analyze the data against the defined campaign success metrics (includes evaluation of creative performance)
- With Media Coordinator, manage invoices and billing-related responsibilities of the media plan
- A minimum of two years of online media planning experience in a full-service, digital media or media agency
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing or related program
- Clear understanding of the digital media planning and buying process and background in interactive marketing concepts and best practices
- Knowledge and experience with some traditional media (Spot TV, radio, outdoor, etc.)
- Ability to understand client objectives and how they translate into media strategies
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of the digital media marketplace (opportunities, rates, partners), including display, native, mobile, video, social and paid search channels
- Experience with third-party ad servers, tagged URLs and site tagging strategy
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to pull research, rating and competitive information from differing available resources depending on context
- Ability to analyze campaign data and market research and assist in formulating actionable optimization plans
- Solid understanding of digital media performance metrics, including ability to extract data from various tools, provide summaries and recommend next steps
Hiebing is an integrated marketing and brand development firm with offices in Madison, Wisconsin and Austin, Texas, and was named Ad Age’s Small Agency of the Year, Midwest. Founded in 1981, the agency’s clients include local, regional and national brands with B2B and B2C target markets.
APPLY: Please submit a current PDF resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “media planner” in the subject line.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with excellent benefits including 401(k), cash and deferred profit sharing.