We are seeking a senior account executive to serve as the lead in developing and executing brand strategy and marketing plans and act as a conduit between the Hiebing teams and the client to ensure strategic outcomes and communication. In addition to having a deep understanding of their target markets, they will also demonstrate an understanding of their client’s business, the industry and competitors.
The senior account executive will play a key role in the strategic direction of annual plans and campaign message strategies, running some businesses independently. They will develop relationships with clients that facilitate business growth based on opportunities they unearth. They will oversee and grow junior account staff through training, review and thoughtful delegation to help ensure even workflow within their team. The senior account executive must bring the highest level of integrity, standard of excellence and positive energy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead major projects and oversee marketing plan executions. This will likely span several clients
- Serve as internal project lead and target market authority within a client group
- With input from strategy director, establish direction for a client’s brand and drive the development of planning documents and marketing strategy
- Champion smart, strong creative while rigorously representing the target and the client’s business at all phases of the work
- Initiate and oversee client deep-dives and other research developed by ACs and AEs on your team
- Identify opportunities to add more value to client work/brands and serve as a leader in problem solving with client concerns as needed
- Train other teammates on how to best translate client needs into project briefs and updates, including timelines, budgets and strategic inputs
- Lead or trigger the tough conversations that may be needed to keep projects on track and work at a high level of excellence
- Obtain client approval at appropriate stages of a project, keeping agency staff involved and informed
- Drive synergy between all Hiebing functional teams (digital, PR & social media, insights, creative, media, etc.)
- Be responsible for overall client budgets and oversight of monthly billing with an eye to profitability and accuracy across assigned clients. Organize and maintain retainer billing structures for clients as needed
- Supervise, guide and train account executive and account coordinator
- Participate and/or lead internal Hiebing committees and new business pitches
- Possess at least five to seven years of agency or brand management experience and the desire to learn more. A bachelor’s degree or higher is a must
- Ability to articulate and understand the emotional context and motivations of varying target markets to create true brand devotion
- Be able to identify and deliver high quality input for kickoffs and reviews
- The foresight to anticipate and adjust course as needed, strategically or tactically, to ensure quality deliverables
- Experience managing multiple client accounts and working with cross-functional teams
Hiebing is an integrated marketing and brand development firm with offices in Madison, Wisconsin and Austin, Texas, and was named Ad Age’s Small Agency of the Year, Midwest. Founded in 1981, the agency’s clients include local, regional and national brands with B2B and B2C target markets.
APPLY: Please submit a current PDF resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Sr. AE Austin” in the subject line.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with excellent benefits including 401(k), cash and deferred profit sharing.