The Statistical Research Analyst will work end-to-end on quantitative custom research projects across a variety of clients and industries. This will include collaborating on research design, programming quantitative online surveys, monitoring the quality of incoming data, cleaning and organizing data, applying appropriate statistical analysis techniques and translating results into strategic recommendations for clients. Multiple projects are often being managed concurrently.
The Statistical Research Analyst reports to the Director of Insights, but will work with all members of the Insights & Strategy team on projects. Part of the position’s responsibility is helping the team adhere to quantitative best practices.
Qualified candidates are highly organized with a strong attention to detail, collaborative and able to explain difficult concepts in a simple manner. Having strong communication skills, a creative mindset and a passion for decoding consumer behavior are also critical for success in this position. They should enjoy working as part of a team and engaging with vendor partners. Two to five years of relevant experience is preferred but not required.
- Research Strategy
- Defining business and research questions
- Developing quantitative methodologies and analytical techniques to answer those questions
- Providing interpretation of analysis results
- Proposing business recommendations based on results
- Data Analysis
- Cleaning, transforming and manipulating data sets with a large number of variables
- Setting up and managing coding of open-ended responses
- Generating cross tabulations and descriptive statistics to summarize data
- Developing models to uncover relationships in data and derive actionable business insights
- Project management
- Programming and testing research questionnaires
- Ensuring fieldwork is progressing well and meeting quotas
- Identifying potential issues in the fielding of projects and suggesting solutions
- Getting outside supplier bids on future projects
- Managing project budgets, including estimates and projections
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative market research, statistics, economics or a related field
- Two to five years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in statistical analysis software (such as R or SPSS) and visualization tools (such as Tableau or Powerpoint/Excel)
- Knowledge of market research methodologies
- Experience uncovering insights from consumer survey data and translating them into marketing recommendations
Statistical techniques used in daily work:
- Descriptive statistics
- Tests of significance
- Correlation and regression
- Factor analysis
- Clustering and classification methods
- Choice based modeling
Hiebing is an integrated marketing and brand development firm with offices in Madison, Wisconsin and Austin, Texas, and was named Ad Age’s Small Agency of the Year, Midwest. Founded in 1981, the agency’s clients include local, regional and national brands with B2B and B2C target markets.
APPLY: Please submit a current PDF resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “statistical research analyst” in the subject line.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with excellent benefits including 401(k), cash and deferred profit sharing.